Tuesday, February 10, 2009

NORTH CAROLINA!!

We got up at 4:00 a.m. and left Georgia by 5:00 so that we would be in North Carolina early to beat Direct TV.

I was told to watch for the "Sombrero" and this is how we knew we would be approaching North Carolina...I wasn't sure what exactly this meant, until I saw this..

The funny thing is that they call this "South of the Border" since it is right on the South Carolina border line. It cracked me up with all of the Mexican themes, with me coming from Texas.


I was very excited to see this sign after 19 hours of driving! I was trying so hard to get to the house before Direct TV so that Justin would be able to watch the Super Bowl since I had the receivers with me.

I get the call from Justin that Direct TV is at the house at 11:00. Our appt that I scheduled was between 12:00-4:00, how often are they early?? Well, they were able to do what they needed to do without the receivers since the house already had the dish, easy for them.

Upon getting close to our neighborhood, we passed our entrance due to the fact that the Lights did not have the correct Street sign, so we drove an extra 15 miles. But hey, after driving for 2 days, whats an extra 20 minutes, eh?
Anyway, the name of our Subdivision is Carolina Trace and it is a Gated Community. Justin was at the Security Gate waiting on us. I had to register my car and get an access sticker placed on so that I can get in and out of the Subdivision. All visitors must be announced in advance or they will not be let in. I feel very safe!



The entry has you drive across 2 lakes on either side as you approach the Security Gate. After that you go thru the woods and a couple of hills you get to our neighborhood.



Our neighborhood is named Harbor Creek, this is where our house is located - you turn into here and then we are just a few streets away.



Once we got to the house James ran right up to the house and wanted to see his Uncle Justin!!
Of course, as for me and Murphy...we had to go investigate the backyard for new places for Murphy to go potty. ;o)


This is the front of our New House! I know the colors actually look like a John Deere Tractor, and don't think I won't be asking if it is ok if we paint the outside. I just want to get the inside a little more settled first!
I truly love it here, it is such a quiet Neighborhood and I've asked Justin multiple times if he is sure that he doesn't want to live on Base and he is positive. He loves the fact that you cannot hear the planes and the guns and driving thru the woods is so peaceful.
So...Home it is! YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment