Thursday, January 22, 2009

Move Scheduled

I received a call today from Bobby Ullman, with Norco Moving & Storage - an agent of the Worldwide Transportation Van Line....Mayflower.
They will be the Movers that will be loading up my house in TX and moving me to NC. We scheduled a "survey" meeting for Monday 01-26 for him to see the items to be picked up.
On Wednesday, 01-28 they will be loading me up for good!

So, I learned a new acronym today from Bobby (Mover) and that is "PBO" - stands for "Packed By Owner" and was advised that this is not how the Army likes things to be done.

Despite what my adorable Husband advised me a few weeks ago and my mom and I spent a week and a half wrapping, boxing & taping all of my stuff up - it will ALL need to be unpacked for the Army movers to do full inventory and re-packed by them.

He was happy to hear that it is all in the garage so it is all in one room, easy for them. My question is now, can I find my receipt and get reimbursed by the Army for all of my boxes, rolls of packing tape, wrapping , etc. That right there is a couple hundred dollars!

It's hard to imagine that in just a week I will be all ready to make my journey across Country to actually begin my Married life! yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment