Thursday, January 8, 2009

11 years of Packing...



It's hard to believe that I bought my house on December 7, 1998 and have been in it every since! 11 years worth of living in the same house is alot of packing up to do! *sigh*


Upon my return from Christmas "Vacation" I brought Mom back to help me with the packing process. She is now on Partial retirement so I brought her back to work for me. ;o)


We got back to Dallas about a week ago and on the 1st day back we went directly to Walmart (nice retirement for Mom, eh?). We have been so busy with packing, Mom has the organization skills down pat since she has moved so many times in the past. She had the garage packed up in no time - once my old roommate came and got her stuff - and yup a car could get in it. (not anymore) My task was my Bedroom and the Closets and I was able to collect 13 bags of clothes to give away to Charity and 2 of those bags were just shoes. The Charity came and picked up the bags so that was very convienent. I told Justin since I gave away so many bags of Clothes that I now should be able to go shopping.......isn't that how this works??!!


It's odd how the house always seems to look alot worse before it gets better, the organized chaos and tons of bags of trash that the garbage men would not pick up look awful - However, Mom always knew where everything is no matter what you are looking for!

Now we are just preparing to have Garage Sale on Saturday and hope to get rid of more stuff and not have to move more stuff with me to NC. The final details for the Army Transportation are being ironed out on Tuesday for when they will be here to load up all the boxes so I will have a date on when I will be moved....more details soon.

I cannot stress enough how much I appreciate having my Mom here during this time. I truly do not know what I would have done without her here?!!




No comments:

Post a Comment