Thursday, October 30, 2008

Wedding Nerves...




After all the chaos of the wedding planning, the day finally arrived and all the craziness disappeared. However, then the nerves kicked in!!! I was so nervous, I didn't think I would be, but man was I ever! My knees were knocking and I wanted to puke (in a good way). Thank God I had my Dad next to me walking me down to our Chanel Room, but I did ask to stop off at the Bar but we didn't. Dangit. Once we got down there my hands were sweating pretty bad, but Dad's jacket served as a good napkin. lol. Once the doors open and I heard the Wedding March I was fine, but I think that's when it hit Dad that he was fixin to give away his little girl. When Grampy (Officiant) asked "Who gives this woman away" Dad was very choked up and could barely answer due to the tears and finally got out "Her mother and I" - I had to look at him to make sure I heard him right that he was crying. It was very emotional for me at that time as I never see my big strong Dad cry.


I have to tell ya what Justin did as it is too good not to share, I had put my engagement ring on my right hand so that he could place the wedding band on my left hand. Well, apparently this confused Justin cuz he wanted to put the wedding band on the engagement ring on my right hand, I tried whispering to him "wrong hand" and then again, until I had to say it loud enough for the guests to all hear it. Don't get me wrong, I had my own issue too, when it came to my turn to repeat the vows. Who knew there were so many words to repeat??? Omg, I really tried my best to remember them all and Grampy said "Close Enough" - pretty funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment