Saturday, April 25, 2009

Chicken Pen

So, I get an email from my Brother stating that he took the week of my Nephew's Spring Break to help them build a "Chicken Pen" for their new baby chicks???

I was not aware of this project and found it to be quite interesting....they decided it cost too much to purchase it on their own, so they built it. A friend of my brothers had the building that was old and so he bought it from him and they got a picture of the chicken pen off the internet on how it was done and just did in on their own, instead of spending thousands, it was just a couple hundred. Very impressive.




This is Brayden....he has already named about 4 of the chicks already - I told him to just use food coloring to tell them apart?

I thought that would be easier to tell them apart? lol - He thought I was silly.











Nolan is also posing with the chicks but he didn't tell me if he was naming any of the chicks or not.









Here's both of my Nephews with the chicks in the Pen as it's being built. Not quite finished.




You see they had a make-shift home in the garage while they were finishing up the Pen.

I like the expressions that my Niece, Kaitlin keeps giving them, she was a little more cautious around them. Good to see she's more of a girly girl. ;o)






Kaitlyn petting one of the chicks here, wonder if she will help clean up after them? hmmm...




Here's the finished product....pretty cool, huh?

I'm thinking since they live on a few acres, once the "critters" start hearing the chicks - they will have some unwanted visitors....







My Brother & Sister In Law have already discussed this with the kiddos in case some of the chicks end up missing.

I'm so proud of all the boys though with this Chicken Pen Project.

This is for Nolan & Brayden to learn how to take care of animals so that they can eventually get a Dog! Yeah!!! I'm sure they'll do great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment